Double eyelid surgery is an increasingly famous medical procedure that involves the dramatic change of the appearance of the eyes. Also known as Asian Blepharoplasty, this procedure is done specifically to create a crease or fold in the eye which did not exist before. There are several types of double eyelid surgery, each type catering to a specific group of population. Here are the main types of blepharoplasty.
Asian vs Caucasian
When we’re talking about double eyelid surgery, it is important to outline the difference between Asian and Caucasian eyelids. While the Asian eyelid starts right below the crease, very close to the eyelashes, the Caucasian lid crease has a different shape and size. Instead of having a parallel shape like the Asian eyelid, the Caucasian eyelid has a specific “U” shape and is 20% larger than the Asian eyelid crease.
This modern type of surgery is specific to Asian people who want to look more “westernized”. However, the goal of this procedure is not to “westernize” Asian women, but to create a crease that looks more natural and more beautiful. This procedure has become a trend nowadays, especially in the Eastern cultures. For instance, many South Korean girls are willing to have this type of surgery, as they are eager to look like western celebrities and Hollywood stars. Here is an article that reveals the ups and downs of this trend:
Reasons to Get Double Eyelid Surgery
If you are eager to try something new or you simply want to have a more “westernized” look, this procedure might be exactly what you are looking for. Everyone, regardless of sex, age and physical condition, is a good candidate for eyelid surgery. Here are some of the most important benefits of getting a double eyelid surgery:
- Ease to Apply Makeup: probably the most notable benefit of getting a more prominent eyelid is the ease to apply eye makeup. You will spend less time in front of the mirror and you will be able to reap all the benefits of professional makeup.
- Natural Appearing Fold: if the fold is too low, the appearance is too Asian. If the fold is too high, the appearance becomes more natural, more westernized.
- Operative Symmetry: a huge benefit of this procedure is that the eyelids become equal in appearance. In many cases of Asian women, post-operative symmetry is a must in order to gain that perfect look women are so eager to get.
- Reduce Excess Skin: puffiness or bulging in the upper lids is also reduced by this modern procedure. Additionally, double eyelid surgery is also recommended for eliminating puffiness in the lower lids.
- Big round eyes: most women who have undergone double eyelid surgery testified that their beauty has increased exponentially. Not only that they see themselves more beautiful, but also people around them believe that this facial surgery enhances their beauty traits.
The Bottom Line
There is no doubt that double eyelid surgery is one of the most famous types of eyelid surgeries in Asia. However, an increasing number of Caucasian women are now choosing this procedure to enhance their eyelids and be more attractive to the opposite sex.